My angels

My angels

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Clove Studded Oranges and Project With Love!

Thanksgiving is approaching fast and I am so excited to be spending it in the mountains of VA.  I love to decorate and prepare for the holidays.  I have been dying to do some clove studded oranges like my mother did when I was a kid.  We had an impromptu dinner party the other night and of course I was excited because I had a reason to deck out my oranges.  They make for a rustic centerpiece and add a wondrous scent to any room.  The dinner party was lovely and the topics of conversation were natural to say the least.  

Our dear friend prepared a turkey breast and beef tenderloin and I made some sides, roasted potatoes and a salad.  We used my homemade apple- cranberry relish, it was better than I hoped.  I made a pumpkin roll for dessert and it was demolished within minutes.

I finally got to tie-dying the last batch of donated white T's for project With Love!  Jack and Gabriel helped me, they were excellent assistants.  They twisted up the shirts with a fork and dropped them into the hot water.  It was a lot of fun.  I will keep you posted on which shelters this batch goes to.  If you are reading this and have not donated any gently used white T- shirts to project With Love!, please dig through your closet and lets brighten the day for many needy people with a refurbished white T-shirt and bag of homemade granola.  All you have to do is donate your shirts and we'll do the rest.  You can search With Love on Facebook for more details.  If you have donated, God bless you and thank you.


It's been a long day and I'm going to watch the Eagles vs. Giants game on the couch with my husband.  The boys actually went to bed nicely tonight! Whoo hoo!  GO GIANTS! I hope to share more recipes tomorrow.  Hugs and love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment